April leftovers and a long weekend in Medistra

[Jakarta, May 2012]

Some say it's summer breezy. Some on the other side of the world say it's winter crazy. I, over here, am still stuck with the never ending dusty air and the everlasting traffic everyday. Being in Jakarta is tiring sometimes.

April went speedy as I filled my days preparing everything for Uni and getting documents and application over with. I can't stop thinking of how life would be like in two months time. My excitement needs to learn how to not fly too high sometimes, without wings. I went to Bandung to visit my grannies one weekend. Grandma's younger brother was in Bandung for several days to attend a wedding and so was I. Everyone I met kept telling me how grown up and how me and Mom are very much alike now. Something about meeting long lost family and asking granddaughters about marriage though, I hate it.

Most of the time I was mostly struggling with the stormy weather outside, although my new babies on the big terrarium never failed to keep me companied. And whenever the weather got cold and we're out we'd have nice warm noodle dinner. And before I knew it, we're half way through May. Morrissey concert I went to on the 10th was no doubt one of May's highlights. Tennis Indoor Senayan was packed that night, the whole crowd was crazy, I ignored the rest of VIP's boring people and stood up the whole show and screamed lyrics endlessly.


Something's not right with my tummy when I woke up that morning on the 16th, I was dolling up myself for an anniversary dinner in the afternoon and I thought it's probably just gastric acid, I realized I've been drinking too much coffee since the other day. It got worse as the night grew older. Dinner was a fail and I had to be taken to a clinic a little further from my house. The pain was extraordinary. On the way home from the clinic I had to pull over to hurl more, I heard some kids passing by saying 'Dude look, she's drunk'. But I couldn't care less in fact it was kind of funny, I couldn't laugh so my middle finger covered up for me. I ended up in bed after hurling over and over. No food nor medicines could go through my system. It's getting late and my boyfriend went home after taking me up to my room, it was nearly 3 AM. I kept mumbling sorry to him, I felt bad his dinner date had to turn to a vegetable.

I woke up the next morning and my tummy still didn't make any progress. Dad took me to the nearest doctor right away and I went straight to the Emergency room. I think the doctor did enzyme replacement through infusion, and to put vitamins on my body since I haven't gotten any food in. I passed out for hours and after several blood test and antibiotics, I finally woke up to the doctor who was telling my Dad that it's a positive appendicitis. Dad drove me to the hospital that very evening, I think we all just afraid the appendix would burst. I remembered passing a beautiful sunset on the way but I couldn't enjoy anything at all, I couldn't even say a word at that time. I was holding the great pain for hours I thought I'd pass out again anytime soon.

The next thing I knew was another infusion was being processed on me in the ICU room and we're waiting until 9:30 PM for a surgery. Everything happened so fast I thought the surgery wouldn't be until next week. Dad tried to remain calm though I knew he panicked just as much. When I got to the hospital I didn't panic at all, all I cared about was just to get the appendix out real quick because the pain was hell. My boyfriend was even more nervous about the surgery than I was. He and Dad waited until 2 AM, until I came out of the surgery room. Mom was out of town so I could only imagine how even more crazily panicked she got through a phone call with Dad. Many well wishes was sent to me afterwards, they made me feel better. But still, a long weekend is a rare treasure and being at the hospital wasn't a pleasant way to spend it by.


DSC_2869
• When there's a blackout, set up a candlelite dinner •
DSC_2969
• The front yard of my cousin's house in Bandung •
apr06 copy
 Where I spent hours collecting fresh wounds from playing with the boys, riding roller blades and mini go-karting in my early 90s •
DSC_2949
• Raw treasures outside, what I'm guessing are construction leftovers •
DSC_2924
apr03
• The green back garden •
apr04
• Old family portrait and a ripped open wallpaper •
apr02
• Comfortable couch and pandan syrups which I finished more than two glasses •
apr05
•Favorite bits of the house •
DSC_3004
Good-luck soft baked cookies for boyfriend •
DSC_2618
• My pavlova dough •
DSC_2993
• Welcoming Gonzo and Angel to the family, our baby Crocodile Skinks •
84000019
• Dinner at Crystal Jade, my system was craving for chinese chilly oil and broth •
Morrisey-2-4-JPG_032903
• The legendary Moz. I was in absolute awe. (Photo courtesy of Yahoo.com) •
DSC_3034
• The moon several nights before Supermoon •
DSC_3270
• Hershey's HUGS kisses my boyfriend gave me •
87430036
87430032
• Nights alone at the hospital, eating crappy food while Junior Masterchef was on was pretty ironic. I wanted out so badly and eat Mexican •
DSC_3281
• X-ray before the 3 hours surgery •
87430030
• Boyfriend's Mom came to visit on my third day, she bought me a baby pillow with a letter 'C' knitted on it, made my (painful) day •
87430016
• My morning view, before checking out on the last day •
DSC_3243
• Home at last, still unseparable with my (now) favorite cuddle •
morning
• Recovering at home for days •

2 comments:

Adit N. said...

Pain doesn't kill you, you kill the pain. Get well soon, my friend. :)

C said...

I'm well now, thank you Adit.